Wednesday, December 3, 2008

My First Post

Hi, I am MeenachiSundaram working as a software Engineer in State of Arkansas, USA. I always have a passion for music and I developed this interest from my father who is well versed in music. My father has been a great inspiration for me to become an ardent music lover. My long time dream comes true today. May be I should not call this as a dream, it is my goal, my passion, my desire to start an audio blog. But still my long time wish to learn carnatic music, atleast the basics, remains unfulfilled. I think I have passed that age. Thank god that I have a great interest in listening good music atleast.
As a first step in my music journey, I’ve put my voice for the Song "Malare Mounama" from the movie Karna. I sang this song with the great S.Janaki amma. Okay okay.. don't get panic. How can this lay sing with a legend? With the help of Audacity I took janaki amma's voice and mixed it with the karaoke version of the malare song and then recorded my voice. Thanks to Murali for his nice tutorial on Recording using Audacity. Thanks to Anil for the karaoke version of this song.

Readers comments and suggestions are much appreciated.


Song: Malare Mounama

Movie: Karna

Music: Vidhyasagar
Singers: S.P.B, Janaki
Male Voice Performed by: MeenachiSundaram


Get this widget
Track details
eSnips Social DNA

17 comments:

சுவாமி - Swami said...

Meenachi, At last I accept you as a "Singer".

Proud of you.

Keep coming...

Sundaravalli said...

Good Start..Keep Going..

Anilet Ebi said...

Simply Superb LR S.P.B

Sruthi said...

Meenatchi, Neenga engeyo poyitteenga! Very interesting blog. Waiting to hear more from you.

"With ordinary talents and extraordinary perseverance, all things are attainable".

Great Job!

Sruthi.

Unknown said...

superb...nice waiting for the next audio release...

Shiva said...

simply superb

Unknown said...

beautifull.........i enjoyed, meenachi.........

tholaiththavan said...

மீனாட்சி,

அழகான குரல்...
அருமையான பாடல்...
அமைதியான ஆரம்பம்...

உங்களுடைய முதல் பதிவிலேயே ஜானகி அம்மாவுடன் மிக அருமையாக பாடி எங்கள் மனதை கவர்ந்து விட்டீர்கள்.

ப்ளாக் உலகத்திற்க்கு வருக வருக என்று வரவேற்கின்றேன்.

மாதமிருமுறை உங்களிடம் இருந்து பதிவை எதிர்பார்கின்றேன்...

Unknown said...

I am very proud of my brother. It is very interesting to see blog with your aspiration.
It is never too late for anything to learn with passion and love. Keep trying with your aspiration for classical music.
Keep bloging.. I wish you all the very best.

V.S.Mani

Anonymous said...

Kallakiitaaaa pa...
Adhutha oru group song select pannii nama makkallaayum padakar aakidu pa...

Anonymous said...

sundar,
congrats, we can't believe it is a Karoke. Your voice is simply scintillating. Longing to hear more from you.

We are proud of you. We are sure, you will achieve greater heights.

Wishing you all the very best.

Mama & Athai

Unknown said...

Meenachi Fantastic. Keep Going.

Sundar said...

Friends, Thank you very much for your comments.

Unknown said...

Sundar...Sooper and Kudos to your effort in mixing the song

meena said...

Nice one.I think you have to work more upon capturing the nuances.Singing SPB's songs is something tough.He is such a gr8 legend.I think on the whole it was good:-).

Sundar said...

Vinodh, Thanks for your comments

Isai, That's true, singing SPB sir's song is really a tough one.. I'll work on the variations and try to improve it. Thank you very much for your suggestion.

Anonymous said...

Sundar,

One more feather in your cap. (actually, it is two more feathers-I mean the two songs- Melliname and Ninaithu Ninaithu.

Keep going.

Manickam and Indira